Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RuneCraft's Tekkit Server. And how it need's improving!

5 posters

Go down

RuneCraft's Tekkit Server. And how it need's improving! Empty RuneCraft's Tekkit Server. And how it need's improving!

Post  SkyTree's Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:12 pm

Hey my name's Sky (minecraft) and I'm new to this server! I think the Tekkit server is great and a whole bunch of fun! I've been on it for nearly a week now and I've noticed some flaw's Sad I'm not saying flaw's in a noob way like: (WE NEED FREE RED MATTER ZOMG YAY) nothing like that, I mean thing's that will make the server better and more fun for the player's.

When I say Problem some of them are and some of them are just improvement's **** WARNING**** long winded paragraph's ahead!!! Razz

1st Problem: The Spawn. It's a noob trap. I've spent nearly 10 minutes at time's climbing that forest mountain to escape and trust me it's hard! So maybe make so stair's Sitaru?

2nd Problem: The server is down allot and I know that server's do this but not for the reason i'm going to say... When ever a certain person join's the server it explodes and crashes then doesn't come online for about 2 hour's (most time's) the player (don't mean to be aiming the finger at him *AddPain14*) is a good a frequent player but the server doesn't like him, so maybe it's a server side issue?

3rd Problem: The map to find a decent bit of land is hard... I've searched for 5 hour's the other day but most of the world is non generated or flying jungles (no tree's just vines and not dirt or block's just water) and allot of the map is buggy :S So maybe a new world to be generated? I know it's allot of hassle but once it's done it's done.

4th Problem: Rank's. The only person I've ever seen that's of a helpfull rank is the owner Sitaru Radu. There's never any Admin's on or Moderator's. I know that they may prefer the normal Minecraft (?) Which is why there not on Tekkit but maybe you could make people who are constantly on the Tekkit server a higher rank? That can protect again greifing or/and other thing's...

5th Problem: There's allot of EPIC mod's on Sitaru's server and there amazing to use but.... As a down fall not all of them are easily accessible.... So I've been wandering (for a while) if we/ me could make a Tekkit shop???? or get a plugin where we can make our own shop's to make it easier for noob's (new player's in the nicest possible way XD) This would make thing's easier and stop people from going, example: ( :Sky? :Yes? :Have you got any Slimeball's? :No sorry Sad :2 second's later... SKY SKY SKY GOT ANY SLIMEBALL'S? :No not yet sorry Sad x2) So... If we could make a shop then this would be a major improvement!

6th Problem: As I said earlier with the server offline and Sitaru not alway's online the server goes down allot... And I hate waiting Sad Sitaru if your reading *hopefully* is there a way that you could give a admin/ friend a way to reset the server when your not on? I know it's MAJOR hassle and allot of trust to bestow but It would make the Tekkit player's so much more happy and raring to play!!! The main reason it shut's down is TEKKIT LAG read below for more!!! Razz

7th Problem: Not all of the mod's you have on the server are needed... I know that i've just said this and people will disagree with me but it's true there not needed. It cause's lag and the server to disconnect. This is why it's down allot as well -,- So when you are next online maybe talk with me and the other's about this? Such mod's like Computer Craft and the Rail's mod are not needed. (there useless-ish and are not really that essential in Tekkit)

To Summarise: Put Admin's on server or make some Tekkit admin's (like me Wink see what I did there? Razz) Make the spawn easier to get out of. Re-generate the under-generated world. Remove some of the unessential mods. Build a shop/ shopping system. And that's about it!!!!

If you read this Sitaru (or his Admin's/ Moderator's) Thankyou for taking your time to read my blabbing, if some of these change's are made it'd change live's (it really would!!!) and make the server 10 million time's better!!!

Again thank's for reading (and if by any chance any one else is reading that play's RuneCraft's Tekkit give me your opinion on what change's you think should be made?)

Sincerely, Sky

(IM A TREE Very Happy) lol!
SkyTree's
SkyTree's
Server Admin
Server Admin

RuneCraft Credit : 182

Back to top Go down

RuneCraft's Tekkit Server. And how it need's improving! Empty Re: RuneCraft's Tekkit Server. And how it need's improving!

Post  Fountainmog Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:19 pm

I understand exactly what you are saying, as for the tekkit admins we do have them but a sorry on my part on the inactivity as every time I try to get on the server its down (yeah ik how you feel).
Fountainmog
Fountainmog
Manager
Manager

RuneCraft Credit : 2472

Back to top Go down

RuneCraft's Tekkit Server. And how it need's improving! Empty It's even down now :P

Post  SkyTree's Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:25 pm

Fountainmog wrote:I understand exactly what you are saying, as for the tekkit admins we do have them but a sorry on my part on the inactivity as every time I try to get on the server its down (yeah ik how you feel).

That's totally fine with me! And I know it suck's Sad I understand there maybe Tekkit Admin's but do they ever go on? As for the other thing's like the shop and spawn etc. What do you think?
SkyTree's
SkyTree's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Back to top Go down

RuneCraft's Tekkit Server. And how it need's improving! Empty Re: RuneCraft's Tekkit Server. And how it need's improving!

Post  SitaruRadu Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:00 pm

Let me answer quick.I am really amazed that you pointed out exacly the thing that are wrong.

I am so sorry for the server crashing.I am still spending money & time finding out what is wrong with it.I really DO NOT know and so does the tekkit community.If it wont work i will install it again from scratch.

So far I will take in consideration what you have said about the map and I will try to make a new one easyer for people.

I promise that I will do all that it takes to find out the problem.

Thank you!

P.S. Only thing i can do so far is to set automatic restarts every 2 hours.
SitaruRadu
SitaruRadu
Admin
Admin

RuneCraft Credit : 1871

https://runecraft.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

RuneCraft's Tekkit Server. And how it need's improving! Empty :D

Post  SkyTree's Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:10 pm

I really love the Tekkit server! It's the best one that I've seen in a long time! And I'm so gratefull that you acknowledge my veiw's ! Is there no way to make it reset every half hour or 20 mins? I know it's every so often but it need's it!

If you are able to do this I will donate and I will keep on donating. If you ever need help 'ASK ME' i'm alway's on and i'll do it as Tekkit is the best and you know that's it!

When your next on we need to talk about the Rank system and the Moderator's aswell. And making the shop. If you give me permission and help with the resources i'll build the shop and fix stuff.

Many thank's SkyTree's.

P.s. could you try 1st mainly with the server reset's? The down time is so bad D:
SkyTree's
SkyTree's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Back to top Go down

RuneCraft's Tekkit Server. And how it need's improving! Empty Hour's of research!!!

Post  SkyTree's Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:24 pm

SitaruRadu wrote:Let me answer quick.I am really amazed that you pointed out exacly the thing that are wrong.

I am so sorry for the server crashing.I am still spending money & time finding out what is wrong with it.I really DO NOT know and so does the tekkit community.If it wont work i will install it again from scratch.

So far I will take in consideration what you have said about the map and I will try to make a new one easyer for people.

I promise that I will do all that it takes to find out the problem.

Thank you!

P.S. Only thing i can do so far is to set automatic restarts every 2 hours.

I've been looking all over google for you and I know a solution!

The solution is.... Remove some of the useless mod's !!!!

Basically All of the mod's including all of the wire's and all of the machinery send packet's to the server, while it is sending packet's the normal minecraft item's are also sending packet's so your server is receiving so many packet's (information) all it can do is go ('right i'm getting to much info and getting to over loaded. Let's shut down and hope that when i'm back up i'm not overloaded again')

So as you see it's all the mod's making it shutdown.

We need to talk about removing or banning item's from mod's that make's the server lag and shut down.

Thank's for reading, SkyTree's

P.s. Reset the Server XD
SkyTree's
SkyTree's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SitaruRadu Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:32 pm

Could you give me the page?

Btw. the mods are automatically added when you create the tekkit server.If you delete the mods you will end up losing data and the whols server will die in errors.

Maybe you meant plugins?

Thanks
SitaruRadu
SitaruRadu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabezter4 Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:02 pm

Sky I have not been able to get on anyways so that is a reason of my inactivity and we are working on the shop but there is no time with the server crashing
Gabezter4
Gabezter4
Manager
Manager

RuneCraft Credit : 1866

http://www.runecraft.org/u362

Back to top Go down

Post  SkyTree's Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:06 pm

SitaruRadu wrote:Could you give me the page?

Btw. the mods are automatically added when you create the tekkit server.If you delete the mods you will end up losing data and the whols server will die in errors.

Maybe you meant plugins?

Thanks

Ah I see what you mean about the error's the only way to stop the lag is banning some of the Tekkit mod's from working...

I have a link and a screen shot for you it's the bottom comment. Basically after looking at over 100 website's the problem is the fact that people have allot of pipe's and machinery on and it lag's the server out.

P.s. Look at the Error log that guy give's it's the one I alway's get form the server Sad

For the Website (talking about how the mods and plugins make the server flip out): gamingmasters.org/threads/tekkit-crashes.6614/

Can't publish link's for 7 day's so you'll have to add the www . and stuff.
SkyTree's
SkyTree's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SkyTree's Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:08 pm

Gabezter4 wrote:Sky I have not been able to get on anyways so that is a reason of my inactivity and we are working on the shop but there is no time with the server crashing

The server can be up for (some time's) 3-4 hour's at a time. Which is enough for you to check. I'm not stating that your not doing any thing just that the server need's to be sorted before anything happen's. If there are Admin's on they should either play Tekkit or Minecraft as both of them together take's time and allot of attention.
SkyTree's
SkyTree's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabezter4 Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:19 am

I mean that my client keeps crashing so I have an accuse
Gabezter4
Gabezter4
Manager
Manager

RuneCraft Credit : 1866

http://www.runecraft.org/u362

Back to top Go down

Post  SkyTree's Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:22 am

Gabezter4 wrote:I mean that my client keeps crashing so I have an accuse

Oh that's ok (If you read my section above (the massive bit) I wasn't blaming any admin's or moderator's for not being on) just for the fact that to maybe make some Tekkit only one's that can alway's get on Tekkit with no problem's struggle.
SkyTree's
SkyTree's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SitaruRadu Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:12 pm

I will give you the freshest news about the server when I will fix it with the Tekkit crew.We're still working on it.
SitaruRadu
SitaruRadu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  xdanielbrookesx Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:34 am

Wow that was in so much detail Smile
xdanielbrookesx
xdanielbrookesx
Graphic Developer
Graphic Developer

RuneCraft Credit : 319

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down